This is a device working on the principle of evaporation and condensation of water due to the heat generated by solar thermal radiation.
1) A shallow FRP basin, painted black on the inside.
2) A glass cover with an arrangement to collect the condensed water.
3) A storage tank.
1) Saline water, which is placed inside the FRP basin, is heated due to the solar heat absorbed by the black surface.
2) The heated water evaporates and condenses on the underside of the glass cover, and flows through the condensate collection channel into a storage tank.
3) Solar still module can produce up to 2.5 litres/day of hot water. A large number of stills can be interconnected to cater to large requirements.