Solar Street Light
Solar Street Light (SSL) is a stand-alone system, which operates due to the conversion of solar energy into electricity by a solar photovoltaic panel.
1) Compact fluorescent lamp.
2) A metallic box containing a lead acid battery.
3) A SPV module/panel.
4) An electronics control box.
5) A charge controller.
6) A metallic pole.
1) Electrical current (DC) is generated when sunlight is absorbed by the SPV panel.
2) The current is transferred to a lead acid battery, which thus gets charged during the daytime through a charge controller.
3) During the evening hours, the system senses the low sunlight intensity and automatically switches on the CFL. Similarly, the CFL is switched off automatically after sensing the daylight.